Quality General Dentistry at Moore Family Dental
Here at Moore Family Dental, we are proud to be your general dentist home in Springfield, Missouri. We are committed to providing the best patient care and service. Our dental team is here to help each patient every step of the way and create a unique patient experience.
A general dentist is a primary care provider for your oral health. The priority of a general dentist is the prevention of disease, and the majority of dental procedures are either diagnosing issues or preventing them. General dentists diagnose, treat, and manage overall oral health care needs. These include gum care, root canals, fillings, crowns, veneers, bridges, and preventive education, amongst many more.
By emphasizing oral health and hygiene, general dentists help people avoid the progression of oral disease. If issues are left untreated, they can eventually result in pain, lost time at work or school, and lost money, as procedures can be pretty expensive.
General dentists provide dental care to patients of all ages. When you visit your general dentist, you have a thorough examination of your mouth, teeth, and gums. Afterward, you benefit from a professional cleaning by our friendly staff and a discussion about optimizing your dental health. Click here to learn more.
If your exam reveals tooth decay, Dr. Moore will clean out any issues and fill the affected tooth with a composite resin. While quite common, these services are just a small example of what your general dentist provides. Read below for the services a general dentist usually offers.
- Preventive — Dr. Moore helps you maintain good oral health by stopping disease before it takes hold in your mouth. Regular diagnostic exams, x-rays, and professional teeth cleanings are a cornerstone of prevention. Your general dentist gives you detailed instructions on improving your at-home oral hygiene and will recommend preventive treatments. And if you lead an active lifestyle, your dentist can fit you with a custom-made mouthguard at the dental practice.
- Restorative — If by any chance, an issue is found, your dentist will ensure you get timely and appropriate treatment. Restorative dental involves removing tooth decay and filling in the affected tooth for ultimate protection. If you happen to have an accident that affects your mouth, a general dentist will diagnose and treat the causes of tooth pain. They will also provide a place to go when you need prompt treatment for dental trauma. General dentists can offer treatments for missing teeth, such as; crowns, bridgework, and dentures. Some dentists have additional training to provide advanced therapies, such as root canal therapy, orthodontics, and dental implants.
- Cosmetic Dentistry — You want to get a sparkling Hollywood smile? Many general dentists offer cosmetic dentistry services to help you get the smile of your dreams. Procedures include teeth whitening, cosmetic bonding, porcelain veneers, and more. If a brighter, whiter smile is what you’re looking for, ask Dr. Moore about a smile makeover.
- Overall Health and Wellbeing — Many people don’t know that oral health mirrors your general health. Dental problems can reflect issues in other parts of your body and vice versa. For example, untreated oral infections can increase the incidence of cardiovascular disease, premature birth during pregnancy, and poor control of diabetes.
- Nutritional Counseling — General dentists can also offer health and wellness information for better oral health and give advice and tips on cutting out tobacco.
How Can Moore Family Dental Help?
Dr. Moore and our friendly staff have a philosophy of providing only the best quality dental care possible. They are committed to helping each patient make informed decisions about their oral health. We are located in Springfield and find great value in serving our community. Each member of our staff cares for every person that walks through our door. We pride ourselves on treating each patient as a member of our own family.
- Dental Bridge
- Dental Cleanings
- Dental Crowns
- Dental Sealants
- Digital Impressions
- Enamel Shaping
- Fluoride Treatments
- Lingual Frenectomy
- Tooth-Colored Fillings
- Tooth Perforation Repair
Please consider becoming part of our dental family if you live in Springfield, Missouri, or surrounding areas. We are happy to help you with all your oral health needs. Give us a call at (417) 887-1397, or send us a quick email to set up a consultation.